- What information we collect.
- Why we collect it.
- Information we may share.
- How we use that information.
- Information Security.
Information We Collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from understanding usage patterns, to more complex things like improving our services based off performance data.
We collect information that you provide to us voluntarily. For example, the use of some of the Curricula Services requires you to sign up for a Curricula Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number, and address to store with your account. Please do not submit sensitive personal information to us.
Some information about you is collected automatically when you use the Curricula Services. This information includes:
- Device-specific information (such as your browser, operating system version, and mobile network information). Curricula may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Curricula Account.
- Log information. When you use the Curricula Services or view content provided by Curricula, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs such as Internet protocol address and device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request.
- Location information. When you use Curricula services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address.
- Local storage. We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches.
For our Curricula Aware customers, Curricula Aware Analytics helps them analyze their Aware campaigns. Information we collect when you access Curricula Aware may be associated with your Curricula Account.
We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our Site and the Curricula Services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years of age or older.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include links to third party sites from our Services. The inclusion of any link does not imply that we endorse the products and services offered at such linked site. The third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies which we encourage you to review. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
Accessing and updating your personal information
We provide you with access to your personal information via your Account profile page. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. Please keep your account information current and correct at all times.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information We Share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Curricula unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Curricula when we have your consent to do so.
- For legal reasons.
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Curricula if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms and Conditions, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Curricula, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services including trends, patterns, and common challenges.
How We Use That Information
We use the information we collect to:
- Provide you with the services you have requested;
- Send you records regarding our relationship or your transactions;
- Notify you about new features, products, and special events;
- Provide you with marketing communications about our products and services as well as third party products and services we think may be of interest to you;
- Send you newsletters;
- Generate and review data and reports describing our user base and usage patterns;
- Analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Curricula Services and perform research;
- Verify your identity, deter and prevent fraud, and enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the Curricula Services
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot the Curricula Services.
Curricula works hard to protect our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt our services using SSL.
- We utilize additional reasonable precautions to protect the personally identifiable information you provide to us.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Curricula employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Because no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error-free, please be careful in deciding what information you provide to us via email or otherwise. As such, you assume the risk of security breaches and all consequences resulting from them. Safeguard your Aware Account and any associated account information.
Users Outside the United States
California residents may request an Information-Sharing Disclosure or Customer Choice Notice by sending to us a written request by email to privacy@GetCurricula.com with “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line.
3423 Piedmont Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30305Please do not email us sensitive information.
Effective Date: February 12, 2016